House and the Kimball Hill Family Educational Center
3100 Central Road, Rolling Meadows, IL. 60008
newly built Historical Museum was designed as a replica of the first ranch-style
homes constructed in the community by Rolling Meadows founder, Kimball Hill in
1953. Displays of donated
historical documents, photos and finishings of the ‘50’s era are combined to
create authentic interior spaces within the home.
The objective was to create a museum that did not feel like a museum.
Visitors who enter the house will feel they have been transported through
time to the actual home of a 1950’s Rolling Meadows homemaker.
The exhibit in the Kimball Hill Family Educational Center contains
information on Kimball Hill, early days in the development of the City of
Rolling Meadows, and displays of ‘50’s memorabilia.