About the Museum
The newly built Historical Museum was designed as a replica of the 1st ranch-style homes constructed in the community by Rolling Meadows founder Kimball Hill in 1953. Displays of donated historical documents, photos, and finishings of the 1950s era are combined to create authentic interior spaces within the home.
The objective was to create a museum that did not feel like a museum. Visitors who enter the house will feel they have been transported through time to the actual home of a 1950s Rolling Meadows homemaker.
The exhibit in the Kimball Hill Family Educational Center contains
information on Kimball Hill, early days in the development of the City
of Rolling Meadows, and displays of 1950s memorabilia.
Tours are by appointment for groups of 6 or more. Self-guided tour book available.
Directions & Accessibility
The Historical Museum is located 1 mile west on Central Road from the intersection of New Wilke Road and Central Road in Rolling Meadows. Parking available next to the Museum. The museum is handicapped Accessible.