Pre-printed applications are mailed to residents and businesses on approximately June 1st (depending on mail delivery.) All vehicles registered or housed in Rolling Meadows, including residents and businesses with Palatine mailing addresses, are required to display a current vehicle sticker. Vehicle stickers are renewed during the period of June 1 through June 30 each year and must be displayed by July 1. The vehicle sticker covers the period from July 1 - June 30 of the following year. Proceeds from the sale of vehicle stickers go directly to support the Local Roads Fund.
Payment OptionsTo renew or purchase vehicle stickers and motorcycle/trailer tags:
- PAY ONLINE and click here.
This is the easiest way!)If you received a pre-printed renewal form, please have it handy. The City will mail the vehicle stickers and/or motorcycle/trailer tags to residents;
NOTE: If you are changing a rate from Passenger to Senior or to Handicapped, you must stop by in person for verification. You cannot pay online if it is a change from the pre-printed application.
- Mail the Pre-Printed Application to the City and enclose a check with the pre-printed envelope to the City of Rolling Meadows, 3600 Kirchoff Road, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008. The City will mail the vehicle stickers and/or motorcycle/trailer tags to residents;
- Stop by at City Business Partner – Vehicle Sticker Vendor to Purchase Click here for a list of vendors. These Authorized Partners sell vehicle stickers only;
- Stop by City Hall (sometimes there are lines) to purchase in person at the City of Rolling Meadows, 3600 Kirchoff Road, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008; or
- Drop the Pre-Printed Application in the City’s White Drop Box at the City Hall Parking Lot and enclose a check with the pre-printed envelope to the City of Rolling Meadows, 3600 Kirchoff Road, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008. The City will mail the vehicle stickers and/or motorcycle/trailer tags to residents.
You have 60 days from the date of the vehicle purchase to purchase a vehicle sticker without incurring a late fee penalty. Download a Vehicle Sticker Application (PDF) to register for a vehicle sticker. Mail it back to the address provided on the form with a copy of your proof of vehicle purchase. The City will not return documents to residents.